Any time is a wonderful time to reorganize your closets. Unused items could be clogging up your closet space and adding unnecessary anxiety to your day. Follow these easy tips to clean out and reorganize your closets using smart storage solutions!
- Devise a plan, gather storage bins and take inventory of the space.
- Empty your entire closet if space permits, or work section by section.
- Sort into the following piles: “Keep,” “Store,” “Donate,” “Sell,” and “Trash.” A good rule of thumb is to donate items you haven’t worn in a year or more.
- Consider your storage materials. Wire racks make great tools for closet organization because they allow for adding baskets, clothing rods and other components. View some closet racks here.
- Organize the space logically by putting everyday items in an easily accessible place and putting less frequently used things on higher shelving. You may also want to organize clothing by color, occasion or season.
- Make sure to use all empty wall space. Empty sections of walls or the backs of doors are great for hanging items such as ties, scarves, belts and bags. Baskets and hooks will help organize smaller items as well.
- If you are working with a smaller space, store out-of-season clothes and shoes in boxes or bins under the bed.
For more closet storage and organization tips, click here.Tags: Home Improvement